5 Ways To Make Your Heels More Comfortable
We love beautiful shoes, but we don’t love how most of them feel after about an hour.. often wishing we had a pair of flats to change into. I often wonder why there aren’t better technologies to make heels more comfortable? While we wait for the day when they will feel as comfortable as flats, we’ve got some tricks that might actually make them slightly more bearable:
5 Ways to Make Your Heels More Comfortable
1) If you need to wear highheels everyday, we suggest that you rotate the styles: pointed – round – open – sandals – pumps – wedges – kitten. Out of all of these styles Wedges are the best for your feet. Choose ones that are no more than 1/2 – 1.5 inches. This slight angle can provide better support and balance. Pointed toe heels are considered the worst as it scrunches your toes together. This can aggravate an existing bunion. It can also cause your toes to contract and eventually curl under permanently causing the condition hammertoe.
2) When you’re trying on a pair of heels, if you have to choose between snug or loose, go for the loose ones since you could always pad them whereas you don’t really know when it will actually stretch out!
3) If your heels are too big, tuck some cotton balls into the front bit of your heels.
4) Have you ever tried on a pair of heels and thought ‘Wow these are so comfortable! I could definitely wear them all day and night, and end up crying by mid afternoon because of how much pain you’re in? True story* Be prepared! Keep some plasters in your bag, some pads and if your bag is big enough, a super lightweight pair of foldable flats could be your lifesaver.
5) Wear your new shoes around the house for at least a few days so your feet gets to know your heels.