The Most Desirable Shoes This Season
Shoes are the main focus this season and that’s music to my ears. Because I confess, I’m a shoe addict, but so is my mother, my sister and just about every girlfriend I know. There’s something about shoes that makes my heart race and creates desire and urgency. I see the shoes of my dreams and think “I just HAVE to have those shoes. “I don’t care that they’re 4 inches and I can’t walk, I HAVE TO BUY THEM”. Carrie from Sex and the City proclaimed that she had “this little substance abuse problem… expensive footwear”. I know what that’s like sista! These days I live in trainers and my Acne boots, because practicality has to take priority when you’re busy running around. Also, the cobbled streets of London are so not stiletto-friendly! But my heart swoons for killer heels. When they’re that beautiful, they’re not just shoes, they’re like sculptures, pieces of art for the feet. They have the ability to transform, not just your look but how you feel and carry yourself. A pair of sexy heels is like a slick of red lipstick—instant sex appeal. Maybe it’s because heels make you stand that bit taller and pushes your tush out, whatever it is, it makes me feel like a million dollars. Here we’ve compiled a list of shoes that you should be wearing this season:
1. Mary Janes have made a big comeback this season and they don’t come more yummy than the ones Prada is offering. With its pink rubber sole and metallic leather, these would look great with midi skirts.
2. Gianvito Rossi over the knee Suede boots are to die for. Just using suede and over the knee in one sentence is enough to turn me to putty. Wear it with an oversized white shirt, slick of red lipstick and you’re done! Heads-turning stuff!
3. A bejewelled heel is the ultimate look at me look at me shoe. This exquisite pair from Rochas is perfect with its sequins and beads on a block heel. It is a bold statement piece and its decadence would be perfect with a monotone or block coloured outfit.
4. Ankle boots are a staple in winter, they’re so versatile, they willl take you from day to night. Valentino has swept the fashion world off its feet with its Rockstud shoes and it continues its victory march with these pointy black boots. Bring a little rock chic to an otherwise feminine dress for that pretty yet edgy look.
5. Animal print pointy stilettos are my go to, for when I want instant glam and sex appeal. They’re so versatile you can wear it with jeans and a shirt, or a little black dress. I love this pair from Tabitha Simmons, they’re so sassy, it will unleash the bad girl in you.
If you are a shoe fanatic, don’t miss out on the Pleasure and Pain exhibition at the V&A Museum in London (show ends 31th January 2016). There are tons of amazing shoes on display. You will see tiny silk shoes the Chinese used to put on bound feet as well as towering 20 cm wedges Geishas wore in Japan. Remember how Naomi Campbell fell off the runway? The Vivienne Westwood mega heels she was wearing is also on display.